Today’s Bible readings are 2 Kings 18:13-19:37, Acts 21:1-17, Psalm 149:1-9, & Proverbs 18:8
8 Rumors are dainty morsels that sink deep into one’s heart.
Have you ever heard the saying: “Garbage in = garbage out.”? It is something that you hear talked about when it comes to dieting. If we put a bunch of junk in us then we won’t get much good out of our bodies. We will be tired, out of shape, lethargic, etc… This principal holds true in the area of spiritual things also.
We have to guard our hearts. The things that we let into our heart will come out of our life at some point. It may come out:
1. in us lashing out in anger
2. getting frustrated
3. becoming resentful
4. foul language
5. bitterness toward others
6. impure desires
7. impure thoughts about others
This is why it is so important that we keep our ears away from all the deadly venom that is breathed by some people that we may be associated with. The venom that they breathe is dangerous to us because it goes into us & can produce all the wrong things in our lives.
45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.
This is why it is worth breaking ties with people who always try to speak negative things to you.
1. If a person is always complaining then find a new friend.
2. If a person is always gossiping then find a new friend.
3. If a person is always talking bad about your leaders then find a new friend.
4. If a person is always talking bad about your church then find a new friend.
5. If a person is always trying to change the way you think about people you know you are supposed to respect then find a new friend.
6. If a person always wants to find fault in everything & everyone then find a new friend.
If we could just see the danger that it brings into our life by allowing such people to speak into our hearts we would be quick to break ties with them. The other thing is that we would also soon see the difference it makes to guard our hearts against such toxic poison.
1. We would see our attitude change.
2. We would see joy return.
3. We would find peace again.
4. We would experience His presence once more.
5. We would find purpose & meaning again.
23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
If you are tired of the old negative things coming out of your life, then maybe it is time to start putting something new in. In with the good so that good can come out! Good things in = good things out!!!