Friday, July 11, 2014

Keep Fighting



Today’s readings are 1 Chronicles 11:1 - 12:18,  Acts 28:1-31, Psalm 9:1-12 and Proverbs 19:1-3

Psalm 9:1-2
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
    I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
    I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.
 
Psalm 9:9-10
The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed,
    a refuge in times of trouble.
10 Those who know your name trust in you,
    for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.

Today is a great day to read these verses.  I was just trying to minister to a friend who feels like giving up.  She always feels like everyone’s punching bag.  She feels like she is always fighting to stay above water.  She feels like giving up and not fighting anymore.  

Have you ever felt this way?  I have but then when I change my thinking and remember who I am in Christ.  I get this strength from the Holy Spirit to keep on fighting and telling people of his love.  It is a strength like a warrior it is very strong.  It is a feeling like nothing else. I feel strong in the lord and I know that no matter what comes I am strong enough.  Because I have the Lord and he never abandons those who search for him.  

So praise the Lord in times of pain and frustration.  Praise him with all of your heart.  Tell people of all of the marvelous things he has done.  Be filled with Joy because of him.

Love in Christ
Kelly Schlotter

No comments: