Friday, May 23, 2014

Called To Serve



Today’s Bible readings are 2 Samuel 2:12-3:39, John 13:1-30, Psalm 119:1-16, & Proverbs 15:29-30


John 13:13-17

13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Jesus set the example for us to serve. He made it clear that no servant is better than his Master. Jesus is our Master & He served. He showed us that we are called to serve one another.

We tend to be selfish people by nature. We only think about ourselves. Jesus called us to a new way of living. He placed His nature in us. His nature is to serve.

I have found that the secret to joy & fulfillment is serving God & people. God has placed gifts & graces in each of our lives. Those gifts & graces are meant to be used to build the kingdom for Him. As we extend His love & hope to others they experience the love of God through the Body of Christ. This is truly a miracle.

There is also another truth that I have learned about serving:
If I help somebody else find the answer to their problems & struggle, then God will send somebody to solve mine or He will solve them Himself.

I have seen this happen time & time again. It has put in me a great desire to serve. I know that serving is the best way to go.

1.      What areas do you feel God calling you to serve?


2.      When was the last time that you put your plans on hold to help somebody else with theirs?



3.      What could you do today to show the love of Christ to somebody?


Take every opportunity that comes your way to serve. It is what you were created for. Enjoy your new life & serve!

Richard Schlotter

No comments: