Wednesday, February 12, 2014

LOVE



Today’s readings are Exodus 34:1-35:9, Matthew 27:15-37, Psalm 33:12-22, & Proverbs 9:1-6

  
Exodus 34:6-7

The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. I lavish unfailing love to a thousand generations. I forgive iniquity, rebellion, and sin. But I do not excuse the guilty. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children and grandchildren; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations.”


I love these verses in Exodus 34:6-7 God calls himself these things.  The lord, the God of compassion and mercy, He is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.  God help us all to be more like this, help us to hide these words in our hearts and do them.  In verse 8 Moses immediately threw himself to the ground and worshiped.   When is the last time you got down on the ground and worshiped the Lord with love and admiration?   Moses asked God to claim them as his own possession.  So that leads me to believe that I am not my own anymore I am God’s possession.  So how can I not fall down and worship him.  Claim me as your own special possession Lord.  We are God’s possessions.  Wow doesn’t that just make your heart skip a beat?  It does mine.  This is an awesome chapter in Exodus. 

Matthew 27:15-31 
Oh my Lord I love you thank you so much for taking my sins upon your body.  Thank you so much for your unfailing love and faithfulness.  Reading these verses cause me to feel so many different emotions.  Some are anger, sorrow, and love for a savior that could do this for us.  UNFAILING LOVE!!!  I challenge you today to show love.  Show love when your children are grouchy, show love when your spouse is demanding, show love when work is not going right.  Jesus was beaten for us.  What great unfailing love. WOW.

I am focused on Love with these readings today.  God is so amazing.  Psalm 33:18 God watches over those who fear him and rely on his unfailing love.  Psalm 33:22 let your unfailing love surround us Lord for our hope is in you.  We place our hope in God he is our strength to love others.  With Valentine’s Day coming people are thinking of love and what we can do for our spouses.  Don’t limit your love to special days.  Let them know that you love them every day.


  1. Buy their favorite food and fix it for dinner.  (That is what my husband says is his love language).
  2. Send a sweet text.
  3. Ask them if there is anything you can do for them today.
  4. Let them catch you admiring them.
  5. Say encouraging things.  No negative.

These are all very easy practical things we can all do.  Pastor Lisa just taught about dying to self.  What a great way to start dying to self, by building up and loving on your spouse.  

Kelly Schlotter

                                                                                                                                      

No comments: