Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 24

today's reading: Mark 7: 1-23

My True Identity

vs 13: Help me to see when I nullify God's Word by insisting on my own traditions.

Vs 20-23 God help me to acknowledge my own evil thoughts:
  • The sexual immorality that I entertain from what I watch on television.
  • The personal theft that seems so inconsequential.
  • The murder in my slanderous heart.
  • My greedy ways that desire just "one more".
  • The malice and disdain I have for others, mocking them in my heart.
  • The opportunities for deceit that I give in to.
  • The lust of my eyes that causes me to look........ and look again when something unwholesome passes in front of me.
  • My envy of others possessions, talents or gifts.
  • The arrogance I have toward others.
Oh, Lord, help me to recognize any sinful way that dwells within my heart or mind.
Help me to repent of these sins......for they are all wicked,  and separate me from the rich  relationship that I desire to have with You.



 

No comments: