Thursday, February 21, 2013

February 21

today's reading: Mark 5:21-43

the Hem of His Garment

There is a lovely old song with this title ..........


If I could touch just the hem of His garment
then I know
I would be made whole.
 
 
If I could just touch the hem of His garment
I know I'd be made whole
If I could just press my way through this madness
His love would heal my soul


Making our way through this difficult earthy life,
we need that kind of faith!

The faith that says .... just a touch of the hem of His garment
just a touch of His holiness...
and I will be set free from my sickness,
released from my painful past,
set free from anxiety about my children,
free from worry over my finances
restored to emotional health
 
Just one touch of His garment.....
 of His holiness
 and I will be able to go on for another day....
because one touch of that Mighty power will keep me going....
 
One touch of the Hem of His garment.......
means I am reaching for Him ... stretching out my hands to Him so that
even if my grasping fingertips brush the edge of His Magnificent Holiness...
I will receive that healing power........
 
There will be no escape.
It will consume all my fears
worries
doubts
anxieties
illness
uncertainties
pain
frustration
self
There will be nothing but that POWER
washing over me and making me
whole and holy
like Him.

 



 

No comments: