Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7: 7-8

HINT: For a fresh look at today's passages try reading from a different bible translation. I use the NIV most of the time, but refer to Wuest Greek Studies, The Message, New King James Version, and also the Amplified Bible. There are many many others that are enlightening. Online study guides can be a great resource and really make a difference in the level of understanding.
biblegateway.com is a good one to use to find alternate translations. biblestudytools.com is excellant for researching meanings of passages. 

Today's reading: Matthew 6:25 through 7:14

vs:14 "but small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find them."

Lord, I'm sure you are completely aware of the many opportunities I have to worry(you know, exhibit my Christian "concern")

I think you are asking me to do a 180 degree turnaround and seek you first! That is a small gate indeed. 
Also you are asking me not to judge, analyze, investigate, or prayerfully inquire about other people's business.
There is no need for me to justify my own business to others. 
I only need to please YOU Lord. 
Help me to desire to walk that narrow road where I will find YOU.
I desire to trust only YOU, Lord. 
I desire to be among the few.  
 


No comments: