Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7

The Lord tells us we should not do good from a place of pride, hoping that others will know what we have done and think we are quite special. Perhaps even then, they won't think we are as special as WE think we are~.

Think of today's scriptures as a mirror that will reflect the truth about ourselves. 

If we see something unlovely when we look into that mirror, we need to remember that everyday brings a new opportunity for change.
  

If we will let the Lord Jesus transform our "mirror image" through His Word, one day we may be amazed to look in that mirror and see that........ we have our Father's eyes!

Today's reading: Matthew chapter 6 verses 1 through 24

Vs: 6-13  Father, so this is how I should live? 
When giving to others, I need to keep it just between You and me? 

Every sacrifice should be kept just between you and me?

All that I store in my heart, all that I long for, my every ambition is to be filtered through your Word?

Yes, because in the end, it's YOU alone that I live for;
YOU alone that I long for. 
Jesus, I pray that You are visible in me. 

No comments: