Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pray with others



Today’s readings are 2 Chronicles 31:21-33:13, Romans 15:23-16:9,
Psalm 25:16-22 and Proverbs 20:16-18

Romans 15:30-33
30 Dear brothers and sisters, I urge you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to join in my struggle by praying to God for me. Do this because of your love for me, given to you by the Holy Spirit. 31 Pray that I will be rescued from those in Judea who refuse to obey God. Pray also that the believers there will be willing to accept the donation[a] I am taking to Jerusalem. 32 Then, by the will of God, I will be able to come to you with a joyful heart, and we will be an encouragement to each other.
              33 And now may God, who gives us his peace, be with you all. Amen. 
        
Do you pray for people when they are struggling?  Is this something that you do regularly?  It should be when a fellow Christian is struggling in any kind of trouble we should come along side of them and pray with them.  

When a person is struggling most of the time what I hear is a group of people talking about the problem.  Sometimes encouraging but most times not.  I think if we would pray instead of talk about things we would see God move and then we would be encouraged not discourage.  

Think about encouraging people this week.

Kelly Schlotter

No comments: