Saturday, June 21, 2014

Search me God



Today’s readings are 2 Kings 1:1-2:25, Acts 13:42-14:7, Psalm 139:1-24, and Proverbs 17-19-21

Psalm 139:23-24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
    and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

There are so many really good scriptures in the readings today, but this one touched my spirit.  This is something that I pray often.  I am not perfect and need to be searched regularly so that when I am offensive to God and so  he can correct me.

The Lord knows us fully, and we are strangers to ourselves sometimes, we should desire and pray to be searched.  If there is any wicked in me, let me see it and help remove it from my life. Being Godly is pleasing to him, and very good for us.  All Christians should want to be led this way so we will not miss out on the goodness God has for our lives. 

If we are living lives that are offensive to God we cannot walk in all he has for us.  We can become so consumed by anxious thoughts and the offense that we forget about our walk with God.  Then we can start to fail in our walk with him.

This scripture really just says to check in with God ask him if there is anything offensive in you.  He will always tell us the truth. He will always give us the answer we need.  Sometimes we just don’t want to listen.

Kelly Schlotter

No comments: