Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Nothing To Fear



Today’s Bible readings are 2 Samuel 12:1-31, John 16:1-33, Psalm 119:65-80, & Proverbs 16:4-5


John 16:32-33
32 But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. 33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

There has been a phrase that has been bouncing around in my head for the last week. The phrase is this:  I’m not alone, even when I’m alone.”

I believe that Jesus was trying to get this point across to His disciples. He was about to go through a very trying time in His life. He was about to be abandoned by His friends, denied by His disciples, & rejected by the entire world. There was going to be great pressure applied to His life in a way that nobody had ever experienced before. It was going to appear like He had been forsaken by His family, friends, & even God; yet, He made it clear that He would not be alone for God was with Him.

What a powerful message for us to learn. We will all have moments like this in our lives. There will be times when we feel alone.

1.      Times when we are having great struggles.


2.      Issues with our children that come up that we don’t share with anybody.


3.      Struggles in our marriages that we are afraid to share with others.


4.      Financial weights that we carry on our own.


5.      A death of a loved one.



6.      A health issue.


These are times when we are very tempted to believe the lie that we are all alone. There will be moments when we really are alone, but even then, we aren’t alone. Jesus was really going to be abandoned but He also knew that even then His Father would never leave His side.

I hope that you are getting this in your spirit today. God will never leave us. He is with us until the end. He is never going to walk away from us, even when we walk away from Him He is still pursuing us. He will chase after us as long as it takes in order for Him to catch us again.

I find such comfort in knowing that God is always with me. I know that if He is with me I have nothing to fear.

1.      He is my Peace.


2.      He is my Victory.


3.      He is Strength.


4.      He is my Hope.



5.      He is my Life.


David had the revelation of this when he wrote in Psalm 23

Psalm 23:4 (NKJV)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

In other words, “Why should I fear any evil harming me when God is by my side?” That is the way we need to train ourselves to think. There is nothing that we have to worry about. No circumstance can break us. No situation can crush us. We have nothing to fear!

 



Pastor Richard





No comments: