Today’s Bible readings are 2 Samuel 15:23-16:23, John 18:25-19:22, Psalm 119:113-128, & Proverbs 16:10-11
97 Oh, how I love your instructions! I think about them all day long. 98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are my constant guide. 99 Yes, I have more insight than my teachers, for I am always thinking of your laws.
What fills your mind during the day? What do you spend your day thinking about? Our thoughts mold our lives. Our thoughts produce actions. Our actions have consequences.
What would be the outcome of us filling our minds with the Word of God? What would be different in our lives if we spent more time meditating on the Word? Here are some things that would be much different:
1. We would know the will of God.
2. We would be strong in our faith.
3. We would not fall for the same temptations.
4. We would have a much more positive outlook.
5. We would have different conversations.
6. Our words would be different.
7. Our activities would be different.
I love that the psalmist reminds us that when we fill our minds with the Word of God we are wiser than our enemies. The Holy Spirit will reveal things to us as we spend time thinking on the Word.
1. He will show us things that the enemy does to trip us up.
2. He will help us see things for what they really are so we don’t fall for the rock of offense.
3. He will reveal the wiles of satan to us.
4. We will notice snares on the path that have been laid to destroy us.
5. We will be prepared in the Word so we will be able to say—“It is also written…”
I want to challenge each of the readers today to spend quality time thinking on the Word. Just rehearse it in your mind throughout the day. Work at memorizing portions of scripture. Let God’s Word be a centerpiece in your life so your insight will increase.