Monday, April 21, 2014

Who WIll You Serve?



Today’s Bible readings are Joshua 22:21-23:16, Luke 20:27-47, Psalm 89:14-37, & Proverbs 13:17-19


Joshua 24:15
15 But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”

Life is shaped by the choices that we make. When we make good choices we see good results. When we make bad choices we see good results. I know people don’t like to hear it put that way but it is the simple truth.

Most people don’t like to accept responsibility for the choices that they make. It seems much easier to blame others for the things that happen in our lives. The only problem is that if nothing changes, then NOTHING changes.

I have appreciate the fact that life is shaped by decisions. It leaves me very encouraged because no matter where life may have taken you right now, IT CAN BE DIFFERENT! Things can change. It all rests on finding a choice to make.

I know that the best choice that I ever made was the choice to live for Jesus. It is like what Joshua is declaring to the people of Israel in our reading today. He knew that the Lord was the answer. He knew that in serving God he would be blessed.

I have found that when I choose to follow Jesus every other decision that I made seemed to change as well. My decisions all started to support the main decision that I had made. It was incredible how quick life began to change. It all started with one good decision. Each decision began to lead to a better way of life. I started to see that there was another option. I started to see that I could choose life & blessing.

Don’t get discouraged with where your life is right now. You are one choice away from everything changing. That is why it is so important to keep your ear in tune with the Holy Spirit. He is the One who will help you make the right choice EVERY time. As you begin to choose His way, your life is going to change.

Let this sink into your heart so that you can strengthen your stance once again. Make the decision to live the live that Jesus is calling you to live. He will take care of the rest!

Pastor Richard Schlotter

No comments: