Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Most Important Part Of Your Day



Today’s Bible readings are Judges 6:1-40, Luke 22:54-23:12, Psalm 95:1-96:13, & Proverbs 14:5-6


Psalm 95:6-7
Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord our maker, 7for he is our God. We are the people he watches over, the flock under his care. If only you would listen to his voice today!

What is the most important part of your day? Is it your morning coffee? I know for me, I really look forward to the cup of coffee each morning. It warms me. It wakes me. I need it. I want it. I don’t want my day to go far without it.

My kids really like breakfast. I have watched them stagger through the house barely able to open their eyes, go straight to the fridge, & get something to eat. Many times, I wonder if they can even see what it is that they are eating.

We all have things that really matter to us. We make time for tem each day. It doesn’t matter if we wake up late. It doesn’t matter what day of the week it is. The reason is because it is important to us.

What would happen if worship became that important in each of our lives? What would happen if we decided to be people of action? What if we all decided to live out this Psalm in our lives?  What if we all made the decision that we were going to worship our Father, God, & Savior every day NO MATTER WHAT?

I am somewhat convicted, that a cup of coffee can take precedent over my Savior. There is nothing that is going to rob me of my morning Joe. If I don’t get it at home, it is the first thing that I do when I get to the office. The point is that IT MATTERS ENOUGH TO ME TO MAKE SURE  THAT IT IS A PART OF MY MORNING—EVERY MORNING!!!

When we look at all that God has done for us, it only makes sense to worship Him. I send out a challenge today; “Are you willing to make worship the most important part of your day?”

Worship in more than songs. It is more than singing. Worship is a way of life. Here are a few over looked ways to express worship to our God:

1.      Reading the bible.


2.      Giving


3.      Fasting



4.      Praying


These are all ways that we show worth to our God. Don’t be shy about. Worship is a lifestyle. Let’s make the change to make the most important thing in our life each day is to give worship to our King!

Pastor Richard Schlotter




No comments: