Sunday, March 16, 2014

Resting in God's strength


Resting in God’s strength


Today’s readings are Numbers 24:1-25:18, Luke 2:1-35 Psalm 59:1-17 and Proverbs 11:14

Psalm 59:16-17

16 But as for me, I will sing about your power.
    Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love.
For you have been my refuge,
    a place of safety when I am in distress.
17 O my Strength, to you I sing praises,
    for you, O God, are my refuge,
    the God who shows me unfailing love.

This is a Psalm for David during a time when Saul sent soldiers to his house in order to kill him.  David was going through a very terrifying time in his life.  I have had times in my life when I feared I would die.  I think we all have had moments either a split second when driving or real terrifying times when you thought Oh Lord this is it.  This is the end.  When David was going through this he wrote this Psalm.  I will sing about your power, each morning I will sing with joy about you unfailing love.  You are my refuge, my safety, my strength.   This is it this is what we do when going through terrifying times.  We praise God go to him for strength and refuge.  Reading through the Bible in a year has already been great for me.  I’ve read stories I have never heard before, been encouraged to do blogs I  never wanted to do before and grown in faith tremendously.  I encourage you to praise God through the tough times and read the bible for encouragement.  You will find it.  Thank you Lord.


Kelly Schlotter

No comments: