Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Never Be Shaken


Today’s Bible readings are Numbers 28:16-29:40, Luke 3:23-38, Psalm 62:1-12, & Proverbs 11:18-19


Psalm 62:1-2
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

This is a psalm that we all need to get an understanding of. The content of this psalm came to David because he was a man who had to endure adversity. There were many times in his life when the enemy raged against him. There were numerous times in his life when the odds were against him. Things happened in his life that would have caused most people to walk away & quit, but not David. He was a man after God’s heart. He learned that with God on his side he would never be shaken.

The day & age that we live in we see that nothing is constant. Gas prices are always changing. People are always changing. It is rare that anything lasts in our generation. Truly we live in a world that is unpredictable.
        Economy
        Jobs
        Family situations
        Personal struggles
        Relationship tension
        Health issues
        Natural disasters

These things can cause a lot of pressure in people’s lives. Many people are so centered in these things that they cannot find any stability themselves. They have far to much trust in things that are only shifting sand. The problem is that when these things change—SO DO THEY. Their lives are turned into chaos. I have a word from God for you:  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE SHAKEN!!!”

Psalm 16:8
8 I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

I don’t want to get all doom & gloom on you, but I believe that things are going to get worse in our world. Sin is increasing, wickedness is getting more bold, God is dishonored at so many levels. Listen to these words:

Hebrews 12:25-29

25 See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven? 26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” 27 The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain.
28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.”


Jesus also said these words:
Matthew 24:4-8 (NLT)
4 Jesus told them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, 5 for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah.’ They will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. 7 Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. 8 But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.

Things may get difficult but we have a promise from God. That is why we don’t have to be shaken.

Isaiah 43:1-3
1 But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. 2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. 3 For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

Here are 3 reasons why you don’t have to be shaken:



1.      We serve an EVER-PRESENT (omnipresent) GOD.

Jeremiah 23:23-24 (NLT)
23 Am I a God who is only close at hand?” says the LORD. “No, I am far away at the same time.  24 Can anyone hide from me in a secret place?  Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and earth?”  says the LORD.

God is always watching out for those who are His. As long as you remain in the Vine you have nothing to fear. God sees you & He will help & deliver you.
              

2.      We serve an ALL KNOWING (Omniscient) GOD.

Isaiah 40:13-14 (NLT)
13 Who is able to advise the Spirit of the LORD?  Who knows enough to give him advice or teach him?  14 Has the LORD ever needed anyone’s advice?  Does he need instruction about what is good? Did someone teach him what is right or show him the path of justice?

God know how to deliver you while He administers His justice. We may not know how He is going to do it but that is ok. God knows the beginning from the end. We can trust is Him.

3.      We serve an ALL-POWERFUL (omnipotent) GOD.

Revelation 19:6 (NLT)
6 Then I heard again what sounded like the shout of a vast crowd or the roar of mighty ocean waves or the crash of loud thunder: “Praise the LORD! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns.

Our God is greater than anything. We don’t trust in the things of this world. We trust in Him. When the things of this world are fading away, we trust in a God who NEVER will. When the things of this world are falling apart, we trust in a God who NEVER will. This is our God. This is why we will NEVER BE SHAKEN!

Pastor Richard Schlotter









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The end is near. I believe there is one more great revival. I don't have any scripture .to back it. There has been prophesies. We've had a word revival. We've had a holy ghost revival. Now we're gearing up for a Holy Ghost and Word revival. One that's coming in Spirit and in Truth. I believe its coming in the children we're raiding up now middle school on down. They are searching for what's real. And when they find it, look out. Because they are a bold, tell it like it is bunch. I'm excited. I believe its our job to stay faithful and true and pray them through/ in. To be a real example of Christianity, while teaching them the Word and praying for them in the Holy Ghost!