Sunday, March 2, 2014

If you follow my decrees

Today’s readings are Leviticus 25:47-27:13, Mark 10:32-52, Psalm 45:1-7, and Proverbs 10:22

Leviticus 26:3-6
New Living Translation
“If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you the seasonal rains. The land will then yield its crops, and the trees of the field will produce their fruit. Your threshing season will overlap with the grape harvest, and your grape harvest will overlap with the season of planting grain. You will eat your fill and live securely in your own land.
“I will give you peace in the land, and you will be able to sleep with no cause for fear. I will rid the land of wild animals and keep your enemies out of your land.

God tells us that if follow we his decrees and are careful to obey his commands he will provide for us and protect us.  I love that God is willing to keep us safe and provide for us and all we have to do is be obedient to his commands and follow his decrees.

Matthew 22:36-40
New Living Translation
36 “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”
37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

So this piece of scripture sums up for me how I do that.  Love God with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.  Then love my neighbor as myself.  We all know who our neighbor is right.  EVERYONE! This is not a difficult thing to do.  God gives us the grace to do these things, because we all know how different people can be from one family to the next.  God’s grace helps us to look past the differences and love people.  Because that is what the kingdom of God is all about bringing people to God. 


Kelly Schlotter


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! "Like"

Unknown said...

Great post Kelly. How true it is that blessings flow out of obedience to God & His Word. Thanks for the reminder.