Monday, February 10, 2014

I'm Anointed & I Know It


Today’s Bible readings are Exodus 30:11-31:18, Matthew 26:47-68, Psalm 32:1-11, & Proverbs 8:27-32


Exodus 31:1-5
Then the Lord said to Moses, “See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills— to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts.

God wants to be a part of everything that we do. He wants to be part of our daily life. He desires to be in the details of it all. Many times people think that what they do is not important. Maybe they work as a waitress. Maybe they are a student in school. Somebody may be a teacher or a sales man. Whatever you do there is an opportunity for you to do it with the anointing of the Lord.

I have heard people talk with great disgust about what they do for a living. We all tend to envy others at times. It is common for people to say things like:
1.      I wish I had their job.
2.      If I could just have their resources…
3.      I would love to get noticed like they did.
4.      I could do that job better if I just got the chance.
5.      If I had a different job I would be happier.

I love today’s readings because it shows us that God anoints us for what He has called us to do. I can remember when I was a carpenter. I use to get so discouraged because I wanted to be in the ministry so bad. I use to dream about the day that I would get to preach more. I use to long for more opportunity to work with people. There were days that I felt like I was wasting my time & God’s, but I wasn’t. I was right where He wanted me & anointed me to be.

God anointed me to build. Through that anointing He was teaching me the things that I needed to learn so that I could be successful when the day of promotion came. I also see that God was using me then to minister to people also. There were many people that I came into contact with that I was able to help & minister to. He was preparing me.

I have been in the ministry for a few years now. I look back & can see why God lead me in the direction that He did. I also see that He anointed me for some rather common things. We often think of the anointing as something that only pastors & evangelists have. But I had an anointing on me as a carpenter. I was able to many things because His anointing was on me to prosper me. I learned to trust in His anointing.

There were many times that we couldn’t figure out how to do certain projects that we ran into. I remember one of the older guys that I worked with, who just happened to be a man of the Spirit, would say, “Let’s take a break from it until the Holy Spirit gives us inspiration.” He knew how to trust in the anointing that God put on his life. I learned to do the same by working next to him. That lesson has been one of the greatest lessons that I have ever learned as a man of God. It has helped me numerous times as a pastor.

I pray that everybody would learn that lesson. There is an anointing on your life to do what is before you.

1 John 2:20

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

That anointing is there to assist you in the ministry but it is also to assist you in everyday life. It is sent to help you in things like:
1.      Being  parent
2.      Being a husband/wife
3.      Building things
4.      Fixing things
5.      Your job
6.      Your education
7.      Working with others
There is a special anointing on your life just like there is a special anointing on my life. My life is to be a pastor. That is what I have been called to do. But you have no less of an anointing just because you have been called to be something else. Once you start to discover your anointing you will excel like never before. Nothing can stop a person who is anointed & knows it.

Think about men like these:
1.      David
2.      Moses
3.      Samuel
4.      Elijah
5.      Elisha
These men where unstoppable in their day because they were anointed & knew it. I say that you are anointed too. Just as they were unstoppable SO ARE YOU!

You may not be a king, you may not be a national hero, or you may not be a prophet of God, BUT YOU ARE ANOINTED! Say that out loud. Say it again. It is true. That is why we are told:

 

Colossians 3:17

17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Let that resonate in you today as you go off for work. You are anointed for a great cause. As small as it may seem to you, it is important enough for an anointing form God Almighty. Use that anointing to take the kingdom with you everywhere you go.



Pastor Richard Schlotter



No comments: