Friday, January 10, 2014

I Will




Today’s Bible readings are Genesis 23:1-24:51, Matthew 8:1-17, Psalm 9:13-20, & Proverbs 3:1-6


In today’s reading of the gospel of Matthew, there were 2 words that kept jumping out of the bible at me. They are 2 words that once you hear will change your life forever. It will settle forever the one thing that keeps so many of us from receiving from God. Do you want to know the words? “I will”

Matthew 8:1-3
Large crowds followed Jesus as he came down the mountainside. Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him. “Lord,” the man said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.”
Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared.

Much like then, the enemy still attempts to make people think that God does not want us well. As the enemy brings affliction to people, he brings with it the thoughts, “You deserve this.” He also suggests that, “If God really wanted to help you, He would have already.”

These things, added to the weight of the affliction, can beat a person down to a place of wondering if God really wants to help. Over time a person will begin to agree with the lies of satan. Remember, agreement is the place of power. They will begin to say in their mind & heart the very lies that satan has suggested to them. Often, this causes the person to forfeit want God so desperately desires them to have—LIFE.

Just a few verses after these & we see the passionate desire of Jesus to get to those that are in need of a miracle.

Matthew 8:5-7

When Jesus returned to Capernaum, a Roman officer came and pleaded with him, “Lord, my young servant lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.”
Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.”

Again, this reveals the heart of our Savior. He says, “I will.”
I WILL:
1.      Bless you.
2.      Heal you.
3.      Forgive you.
4.      Strengthen you.
5.      Use you.
6.      Save your family.
7.      Fill you with My Spirit.

How much has the enemy robbed from you by getting you to let go of the things that Jesus is saying, “I will” to?

This is where faith comes into play. We have to walk by faith. Even if things don’t happen at the rate of speed that we think they should, it doesn’t mean, “He won’t”. In fact, faith truly lives as though, “He already has” even when it doesn’t yet see it in the natural realm.

Hebrews 11:13-14

13 All these people died still believing what God had promised them. They did not receive what was promised, but they saw it all from a distance and welcomed it. They agreed that they were foreigners and nomads here on earth. 14 Obviously people who say such things are looking forward to a country they can call their own.

I have learned to NEVER question the integrity of God’s Word or what He says He is Going to do. The heart of Jesus is “I WILL.” Let that sink into your heart today. Try to stop focusing on the “WHEN” & start meditating on the “I WILL.”

Focusing on the “WHEN” produces doubt, unbelief, resentment, & anger; focusing on the “I WILL” produces patience, peace, hope, & trust. Which do you want in your life?

 

Pastor Richard



No comments: