Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 28

today's reading: Mark 9:30-10:12

End of the Line

Clamoring to be seen and heard, we speak out

speak up

shout out and over the top

HEAR ME!

We cry out... I HAVE THINGS TO SAY

I AM IMPORTANT

Please need me.

Need to hear MY voice.

How proud we are of our selves.

Then comes ONE who says,

If you want to be the first, the greatest, the best...

You must become the servant of ALL.

Really?

The unpleasant ones of humanity?

The ones who rant and rave.........who don't understand ?

The ones who are crass and dirty?

The ones who sleep in the street?

The ones who have everything?

The ones who have nothing .....seemingly nothing.... to offer me?

So I must wait at the end of the line while all of these "others" push in ahead of me.

I must even give them my place?

Must I, Lord Jesus? Must I

serve

them?

Lord Jesus, please help me. Please help me.








 

No comments: