Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3, 2013

OK so this is my first blogging attempt. I hope it will be a blessing to those of you who are going with us on the journey to read the New Testament in one year! 
These messages are the dream child of Linda Mulliken from First Pentecostal Assembly of God and she is doing most of the writing as the Lord leads her. 
I know this will bless you in your everyday life! And what a great goal it is to be in the Word everyday. 
Here is how it will work. Each day I will post scripture for you to look up in your bible. There will also be a little bit of reading for you on this blog, as I said, mostly written by Linda. 
If you want to share from your own meditation and study for that day, please do! This should be a great starting point for us to get deeper into the messages that the Lord has given us. 
So let's enjoy this year in the Word of God together! 

Your reading for January 3: Matthew 3: 7 through 4:11.

chapter 3 verse 8: Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 
               How do I live that? 
chapter 4 verse 4: Live on every word that comes from the mouth of God. 
               Is the Word of God your measuring stick for your words, thoughts, actions and attitudes?
chapter 4 verse 7: Do not put the Lord your God to the test. 
               Do I live as close to "the line" as possible? Do I occasionally put my pinkie finger just 
               a tiny bit over "the line"? 
 chapter 4 verse 10: Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.
              Help me to identify my own idols. Some may be well-hidden and yet have made 
              a fortress   in my soul. Some may be very easy to see and not hidden at all, yet 
              I haven't thought of them as idols before. Help me to see with your eyes, Lord. 


No comments: