Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 12

Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?"

Isn't it something to realize that the Lord Jesus Christ knows your thoughts?  I have to say I am not always crazy about that
What about the time I was plotting in my mind about how to get even with someone who had hurt me badly? Does Jesus really have to be looking in on my thoughts right at that particular moment? 

I'm sure someone else in the world must have been thinking something far worse... weren't they....
Oh, that's not the point? 
Right. In this case it IS about me. 
It's about me learning to take every thought captive in obedience to Christ Jesus. 

A difficult task, impossible on my own, but remember, 
"With God, all things are possible." 

today's reading: Matthew 9 verses 1-17

Lord, if you want me to be a new wineskin full of new wine(His Divine Presence), that is what I will fast for.

I want to give up on everything this earth has to offer. 
I want to long for Your presence; to seek You everyday.

When I stop looking at things from a worldly viewpoint, it will become much easier to offer mercy to all of humanity; forgiveness to the offensive, and even healing to the undeserving.    
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please leave a comment to let me know how you are receiving the daily posts. Do you have suggestions for improvements? Are you out there?