Wednesday, July 9, 2014

MANIFESTED FAVOR




Today’s Bible readings are 1 Chronicles 7:1-8:40, Acts 27:1-20, Psalm 7:1-17, & Proverbs 18:22


Proverbs 18:22
22 He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.

A lot of guys call their wives a lot of things but have you ever heard somebody refer to their wife as a gift from God? That is truly what our wives are to us. I have many times thought about how different my life would be if I had never met Kelly.

Apart from the fact that I would have any of our kids, I also wouldn’t have Kelly. I wouldn’t have her smiles at me. I wouldn’t have her laughter in my life. I can’t imagine life without her soft voice, even though most of the time I can barely hear what she is saying.

The enemy works hard to pervert the way we think about our wives.


1.     He tries to convince us that they are just there to make our life more stressful.


2.     He tries to convince us that they only want to control us.



3.     He tries to persuade us into thinking that all our wives are there to do is spend our money.


These are just a few of the things that I have heard from men.

The truth of the matter is that you found a GOOD thing when you found your wife. You found the second greatest gift that God has to offer you. The first is His Son, Jesus Christ. The second is your wife who has given you to enjoy Christ with. This is a result of God’s favor in your life.

Stop looking at your wife as:

1.     Another chore.


2.     A weight.


3.     Somebody who doesn’t understand.


4.     An enemy.


5.     An outsider.


6.     Your opponent.



7.     Your mother.


She is:

1.     A privilege.


2.     She is God’s manifested favor in your life.


3.     Your best friend.


4.     Your helpmate.


5.     Closet ally.


6.     Your go to player.



7.     Your rib.


Men, do your best to renew your mind to these things. You are a favor finder if you have found a wife. Never forget this. Take some time today to share your gratitude with the one God gave you. They need to hear it & you need to say it!!!


Pastor Richard Schlotter


No comments: